• Able to use a wide range of cameras including 35mm, medium format, large format, digital SLR and moving image & video equipment.
• Practised in black & white and colour processing and also experienced in colour, black & white and digital darkrooms.
• Proficient in Photoshop on both the Apple Mac and PC and able to utilise these skills for retouching, editing, prints, use on the Internet and press.
• Good working knowledge of the studio and the control of lighting.
• Able to generate various ideas and options and to style different types of photographs towards these ideas.
• Has written a ten thousand word dissertation based on the critical theory of photography and has a good grasp of all programs within Microsoft Office.
• Previously involved in the organisation and design of promotional materials for group exhibitions and liaising with the press.
• Currently Head of Fundraising for Seaside Sirens Roller Girls. In the past was also Social Secretary for Nottingham Roller Girls planning various events and holding a fundraiser ball including stalls and a variety of entertainment raising over £1500.
LME Media, Nottingham | November 2010 - Present Supervisor: Nigel Morgan
Job Title: Cinematographer & Lighting Assistant
Duties: Filming independent short films for the film festival scene.
High Profile, 56 Bath Street, Gravesend, Kent, DA11 0DF |April 2009 Supervisor: Pete Scutts
Job Title: Photographic & Graphic Design Assistant
Duties: Assisting with studio based photography, photographic editing and rendering.
Photo Professional Photographic Laboratory Services (AGFA and Fuji award winning lab)
Karlsruhe House, Unit 8, Queensbridge Road, Nottingham, NG2 1NB | March 2009 Supervisor: Mick Payne
Job Title: Lab Technician
Duties: Developing Negatives, 35mm and Large or Medium format. Developing photographs in the dark room, removal of colour casts, learning dodging and burning.
MONARCH EDUCATION | February 2011 Team Teach - Course Completed
NOTTINGHAM TRENT UNIVERSITY |September 2007 – June 2010 BA Photography with Honours 2:2
SOUTH EAST ESSEX COLLEGE | September 2006 – June 2007
Foundation Diploma; Art & Design –
Pass With Merit
UNIVERSITY OF SHEFFIELD | September 2005-2006 BSc Degree: Biology
HAVERING SIXTH FORM COLLEGE |September 2003- July 2005 A level grades - Biology – A, General Studies – B, Chemistry – C,
Physics (AS) - B, Maths (AS) - C
THURROCK COLLEGE | September 2002-2003 BTEC: National Diploma Fashion and Clothing
THE FITZWIMARC SCHOOL | September 1997- July 2002 GCSE: 11 x A* to C grades
Rock City, 8 Talbot Street, Nottingham, NG1 5GG | September 2008-May 2009 Job Title: Promotions Staff
Duties: Taking event photos to be published online, informing the public of up-and-coming events via the Internet, flyering, handing out free promotional material and generally conversing with the public.
RSVIP Events, Nottingham | September 2008- March 2009 Job Title: Events Photographer
Duties: Shooting photographs for current events, images of live shows, social portraiture and red carpet style photos to be published in lifestyle magazines and to advertise the company.
Lloyds TSB Call Centre, Essex House, SS1 1LB |November 2006 - September 2007 Job Title: Telephone Collector
Duties: Responsible for informing customers of account information, reducing bad debt by setting payment plans and identifying financial difficulty. Showing best payment methods, charges applied to accounts and credit ratings. Offering good customer service and answering customer queries.